Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

help?

gregs350
honda305.com Member

help?

Post by gregs350 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:05 pm

I know this is a broad statement but try your best. I just started to restore a 1966 honda superhawk. Before I took it apart I started it up and road it very little. It ran very rough and was very hard to shift. I am getting everything resurfaced and painted but when it comes to the engine I need help. The engine is totaly still put together what is the first thing I should check to begin the engine rebuild. One thing I did notice is the chain conected to the starter motor is very lose. Is this normal?<br />thanks for any help possible.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: help?

Post by kustommusic » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:30 pm

Greg, Welcome to the forum! I like to hear of another cb77 being restored. So best wishes on that. As far as the engine goes it could have a couple of problems. If it has been setting a long time the clutch could cause problems. You say it runs rough,again if it has been setting a clogged carburator or just needing a tune up(points and plugs).<br /> If your looking to throw down some bigger money and want the engine totally gone thru e-mail this guy; emo@ktc.com<br />He is Ed Moore (in Texas). He will take care of it for you (knows his stuff). Good Luck and let us know how it goes. Steve Greer

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home