Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Needing a quick answer on a CL350

CB160, CB350, CB360, CB450
64dreamman
honda305.com Member

Needing a quick answer on a CL350

Post by 64dreamman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Okay guys i can buy a 1973 honda Cl350 for $200 it will start been garage kept for 4 years and the bike looks good needs some tlc no title the guy who had it died so titling will be somewhat easy, all their. Is it worth buying and what can i expect to sell it for once cleaned up polished and gone through?

ahenthus
honda305.com Member

Post by ahenthus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 pm

I don't have an answer to your question but I would like to hear a clarification of your intent for being on this forum. From the gist of your posts, I've concluded that your main interest in the forum is in what you can get for flipping bikes and parts. I believe most forum members genuinely love these machines and want to help others in the care and restoration of their bikes. You are self described as a "high school senior." Nothing wrong with that. Why don't you purchase a few of the Bill Silver books and bone up on the bikes and their history and contribute in a more positive manner. I have nothing against someone wanting to make a buck but I believe Ebay is probably a better venue for that.
Maybe I'm speaking out of school on this but I believe the absence of replies to many of your posts reflect my feelings. I just figured it might be time for someone to finally question your motives. If I am wrong, then you have my sincere apologies.
Claude

64dreamman
honda305.com Member

Post by 64dreamman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:05 pm

it may seem that and I can fully understand that, honestly I have never been a motorcycle guy before, never even heard of a Honda dream in fact I thought the guy was crazy who gave my dreams I had never even heard of Honda even making motorcycles before the 1980s until I found this forum, ive always been a firm believer in saving things that still can be repurposed and when I got these dreams I had a lot of questions and this forum has contributed to a lot of my knowledge about old Honda bikes and honestly its made me fall in love with these old bikes I love the stories of people having these things back in the day, I don't feel that I have enough knowledge of these bikes and motorcycles in general to help with most of the questions on here that is why I hardly ever reply, and yes I do try to sell a lot of parts on here and that's because I know they can be used instead of scrapped that's why I sell them cheap to people who are in need of parts. Withought a Clymer manual some mechanic skills and posts on this forum I would never have been able to get my bike going so I try to pay it forward to they guys who have helped me by selling spare parts cheaper then they can buy them on ebay and instead of seeing them in a scrap yard because I know years ahead these bikes will be around im sure but it will be harder and harder to find people that are into these things most guys my age are into the new street bikes all that plastic and no character or style like these bikes have. and I thank this forum a lot for helping me
Aaron

ahenthus
honda305.com Member

Post by ahenthus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Aaron, thanks for your thoughtful reply to my reply. You're right, this forum is full of great people and you seem to be one of them. I just bought a 1969 CL350 at Mid-Ohio last month. It was a real good buy because, as it turns out, it runs like new and other than being a little dingy (easily polished out) it is such a nice original that I'd never consider restoring it. My first bike was a 1968 CL350 (in 1971) so I'll probably keep this one. Who knows, maybe you'll become a motorcyclist now that you've developed a love for these old bikes. I'm 67 but feel 20 when I'm riding one of my old bikes or my Ninja 250. As far as the CL you're looking at, We really can't tell you a whole lot without pictures and a more thorough description.
Claude

64dreamman
honda305.com Member

Post by 64dreamman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:29 am

Yeah idk how to upload pics from a phone lol but yeah im more or a classic car guy im restoring a 1969 mercury cougar XR7 along im gona restore the 63 dream find me a vintage trailer and haul the motorcycle with the cougar to car shows lol

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home