Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CB 350 carbs

CB160, CB350, CB360, CB450
m13
honda305.com Member

Post by m13 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:33 am

A warmer 27 degrees this morning and he's off to school. I hope to be getting back to my daily ride (vespa 250ie) soon. the arm is comming along SLOWLY so not too much longer. Thanks again
Attachments
off to school.JPG

m13
honda305.com Member

Post by m13 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Just an update on the '71 CB350. last post we had finally resolved the carb problem (needle separating from the slide). My son has been riding weathering the crazy weather here in Maryland lately, either freezing or in the sixties depending on the day of the week,....BUT poor boy rides home one evening saying "it's doing it again. won't accelerate without bogging if the throttle is opened too fast" So he's been riding it anyway till I could check it out (I hate to see my son disappointed) Especially since I picked this bike for his first bike and it has given us a bit of trouble. Anyway of course the first thing I look at is the opposite carb from the one that had the defective needle and sure enough this one's needle had also come unseated from its base and was sitting in the jet detached from the slide. This was also from the first Keyster kit rebuild I had done. Just a bad lot I suppose as most of what I have read gives Keyster good ratings. She's back together now and I'm hoping for a longer period without problems. (Yes I know it's almost a 40 year old bike and requires some TLC)I still think it's a good starter bike for him even with the few setbacks. I'll see if I can get a refund on the carb kits too.

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Nice one! Thanks for updating, too.

G'luck; fingers crossed for you both!

m13
honda305.com Member

Post by m13 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Just an update. I contacted the retailer where I bought the Keyster kits with the defective needles and they contacted the folks at Keyster. The reply they forwarded to me (below) suggests possible knowledge of the problem, as they say they have changed the design.

"Keyster replied quickly that, this goods was made from 2 pcs of small parts and they joint by press fitting, maybe press fitting was not strong enough, very sorry. Now this products is made from one piece metal, no such trouble happen.
Keyster would like to compensate this trouble either discount on next order or sending new parts."

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home