Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

After market mufflers from Thailand

Bought anything recently? Liked it? Hated it? Post your review...
nothing but a dreamer
honda305.com Member

After market mufflers from Thailand

Post by nothing but a dreamer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:48 am

I am sure this question has been asked and answered before but I would be keen to know whether the aftermarket mufflers (and pipes) for the CB77 from Thailand are of reasonable quality (and fit) for the price.

daywalker
honda305.com Member

Post by daywalker » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I have a set that was put on my bike before I bought it. They seem to be good quality and look nice. I wish they had a bit better sound coming from them though. If your looking for quieter, middle of the road pipes, I would go for them. I love that they are as long as the stock pipes.

nothing but a dreamer
honda305.com Member

Mufflers

Post by nothing but a dreamer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 am

Many thanks. The other suggestions are that these pipes are not great quality but they look good in the pics on eBay! Although you did not fit them yourself, I assume that it was possible to clear the obstructions such as the rear axle and centre stand? Cost is a significant factor for me as I am on the other side of the planet and the Thai mufflers are great value.

Peter

daywalker
honda305.com Member

Post by daywalker » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:01 am

Yes, they do clear the rear axle and center stand. I haven't had these pipes very long, so I have yet to see any defects. They sure do look nice on the bike though. This is my bike with those pipes on:

1966 Honda Dream CA77 305 by jecole7, on Flickr

nothing but a dreamer
honda305.com Member

mufflers

Post by nothing but a dreamer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:11 am

Great looking bike and the mufflers set it off very well! My restoration project has no mufflers but I recall that the originals did have indentations to clear the areas mentioned so it is useful to know that this is not a problem with the aftermarket items. Many thanks!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home