Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

cl72/cl77 new handlebars

Have a part and no Part Number? No idea where it's from and where it goes? Post a description and a photo here!
Mark13018
honda305.com Member

cl72/cl77 new handlebars

Post by Mark13018 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:43 pm

I just bought these: (can anyone identify make/model?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121295901768?ss ... 1439.l2649

They are pretty nice for a replacement but they are a little wide, as he states, and they do NOT have the holes drilled in for wiring. I can drill the holes myself though.

I did notice that he opened the package and took the labels off the bars and cut it off the plastic. These are just a current reproduction but I have no idea what company makes them or the model number.

I wish he would not have cut that info off but then again he is probably buying them for $25.00 and reselling them for $44. Not that I would start doing the same, I would just like to save a few bucks for my next set which I need. (who wouldn't?)

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

Re: cl72/cl77 new handlebars

Post by Hoosier Tom » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Mark13018 wrote: They are pretty nice for a replacement but they are a little wide, as he states, and they do NOT have the holes drilled in for wiring. I can drill the holes myself though
CL77 bars do not have holes drilled for wiring, the left switch is run externally on the Scramblers.
Mark13018 wrote: I did notice that he opened the package and took the labels off the bars and cut it off the plastic. These are just a current reproduction but I have no idea what company makes them or the model number.

I wish he would not have cut that info off but then again he is probably buying them for $25.00 and reselling them for $44. Not that I would start doing the same, I would just like to save a few bucks for my next set which I need.
The seller, fastfred9, is a member on here (FAST FRED) and has helped provide members with parts at fair prices, including me. Personally, good looking scrambler bars for $44 is a good deal.

HT

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home