Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Original Dream Toolkit?

Have a part and no Part Number? No idea where it's from and where it goes? Post a description and a photo here!
Greggie-e
honda305.com Member

Post by Greggie-e » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:31 am

Is it one of those ones from Thailand, that cost $300 or so?
If so I am not ready to spend that amount of coin on one just yet. I prefer one that is old and a little tatty to match the bike.

If it is an old one I would love the link.

To post a link you just copy the address at the top of the browser and paste it into the body of the message, like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-cb ... ccessories

Alternatively you can post the item number which is on the top right hand side of the eBay screen.

I have had a look and cannot see it...

Regards
Greg

Greggie-e
honda305.com Member

Post by Greggie-e » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:38 am

Oh and Yes, she got appalling feedback, especially since I had to pay $16 to send the item back to her. Which I could not recover.

She claimed the item she sent was similar and of equal value.

I spent some time explaining the difference between SAE and Metric.
As well as the rarity of a specific toolkit compared to a set of generic spanners.
I was talking to a brick wall.

But you win some and you lose some on eBay.

I have her home address and will be putting an ad in her local paper in a few weeks time.

"Garage sale, old furniture, nick nacks and jewellery. Deceased estate, priced to go. Come straight out the back after 5am only please."

e3steve
h305 Moderator

Post by e3steve » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 am

"If no answer to your knock, please feel free to break a window and help yourself; you have my full permission!"

mike69
honda305.com Member

tool kit

Post by mike69 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 am

that nos kit went for $137.00
I got scammed on a "Dream" tool kit about a year ago on ebay. I didn't know exactly what Dream tool kits looked like so I hit the buy it now.when I recieved it it had a feeler guage on the outside for disc brakes! I'm pretty sure Dreams never had disc brakes!
I had too much going on at that time so I just let it go.
I did recieve an e-mail from another ebayer who bought 2 Dream kits from the same woman. He filed a complaint with pay pal and got a full refund.
66 Dream
78 Goldwing

Greggie-e
honda305.com Member

Post by Greggie-e » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 pm

I did get a refund through the PayPal dispute resolution system.

But I had to send the item back registered post, and being heavy it cost me $16 to send the item back and get a $28 refund.

I was a little bitter and dissapointed for a short period of time, but I am over it now.

The kicker was that the picture and description were of a real Dream toolkit.
It is just that she sold it elsewhere and replaced the one she sold to me with an old spanner set.

No worries though. I will find one.

splitenz
honda305.com Member

Post by splitenz » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:27 am

I would like to know who the seller was so I can avoid... The "favorite" trick I have seen is shipping parts with damage not pictured and then saying " it must of been damaged in shipping" after arriving in a perfect package.. I actually bought one "perfect" part which was replaced after I complained with yet another imperfect part.. I gave up becausae it was a low cost item but the point being, sometimes you just don't know who/what you are dealing with on ebay, feedback tells alot. -DC
'63 CL72

Tango911
honda305.com Member

Post by Tango911 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:31 pm

is this a real Dream Tool Kit, i know im prob missing pliers and the Driver?
not a bad find maybe?

65 Sears Puch 250
69 Dream 305
74 Kawi H1
78 CB750 SS

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home