Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Honda C92 1964

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:49 am

Take notice this bike is listed as a CB77, Super Sport.
They don't show the C type of bike at the front of the numbers they offer.
We need a member in GB to call and verify what they are actually selling. ......lm

Abid wrote:And here is a professionally restored Benly being advertised as 1964 - but with engine and frame numbers starting with 100

http://www.motorcyclesunlimited.co.uk/1 ... -for-sale/

Yup, I'm super confused. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the serial numbers anymore hey?

In all seriousness though, it seems the rotary vs return shifter is going to be key to identifying this bike if the above table is accurate. I'm almost certain mine is a return shifter but I've as yet been unable to get it into any gears (partly because the retaining clamp bolt had been snapped off in the lever, so I've drilled it out and will re-tap the hole soon.

Abid
honda305.com Member

Post by Abid » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Yeah it's all getting a little too confusing.

I don't think I even care enough anymore to find out! Just need the damn chain guards! SO HARD TO FIND.

Abid
honda305.com Member

Post by Abid » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Picked up a chain case and a half off a bloke down here - off a C90 though rather than a C92.

I haven't had a chance to offer them up to the bike to see if everything lines up but was wondering if anyone here could advise?

Abid
honda305.com Member

Post by Abid » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Abid wrote:Picked up a chain case and a half off a bloke down here - off a C90 though rather than a C92.

I haven't had a chance to offer them up to the bike to see if everything lines up but was wondering if anyone here could advise?
PS - they were 20 bux so I'm not complaining. They need a little beating to get em straight enough to look the nuts but it's worth it - the replica's were going for over 200 shipped so getting anything original for less is a win. The replica's would've needed to be painted anyway.

Abid
honda305.com Member

Post by Abid » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Definitely do not fit... back to the drawing board.

On a side note, the yammie is nearly there so will be starting this hopefully this year. Going to Japan for 3 weeks soon though so will have to see!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home