Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Poor mans 1966 Dream resto.

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Spargett
honda305.com Member

Post by Spargett » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Looks pretty good. That thing was pretty far gone. The black headers are kinda cool. Might be worth a trip to the hardware store to replace the rusty nuts on the header collars. What's up with the "honda" being purple on the oil filer cover?

jdbenly
honda305.com Member

1966 Dream

Post by jdbenly » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Yes I know there are a few things that need attention. The Honda logo is red but only has one coat of paint. Need to redo it. There is other hardware that needs attension like missing cotters in rear axle. I know I got a little too quick on posting pic's. Horn is also missing. Anybody have one? As you can see I was not trying to get it in factory condition.
Howard

jdbenly
honda305.com Member

C78 resto

Post by jdbenly » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Ok I get the message. I thought there would be more thoughts posted on the seat and superhawk wheels and brakes. Sorry to waste my time and your's. On to my CB77 and CB 360 restoration.

joeweir1
honda305.com Member

Post by joeweir1 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Anytime one of these is brought back to life it is not a waste of time.Bike looks good and being creative to get one on the road is a feather in your cap.

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 am

With almost 300 views, I don' think you've wasted your time or ours! I like the idea of doing restos on a budget. I build mine to ride. While I try to keep them as origional as possible, I also like to do " specials " with leftovers, of which I have a ridiculous amount of. Nice work on the dream, and good luck with future restos!

davomoto

m13
honda305.com Member

Post by m13 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:40 pm

NOT a waste of time. I supose that there are many folks like me who view these pages almost daily for ideas and inspiration as well as the help from the Experts. I like what you have done with the bike. I have a "full dressed" white dream with windshield and saddlebags and more than once have considered a custom seat to replace the stock one. I have always altered my bikes to suit me and believe in personal touches, especially one driven and not in a museum. Don't get me wrong, I admire and appreciate the "True to original" restorations both driven and on display but for me I like to tinker with personal touches whether anyone else notices or not. Great looking bike Keep those posts comomg

jdbenly
honda305.com Member

C78

Post by jdbenly » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Thanks guy's, comment's like your's makes it more worth while. Now if I could just go ride my 2 restored bike's. (CA95 and C78) I have no cycle drivers licence, and at 64 years old I probably won't bother. But the 2 projects was a lot of fun. On the c78, I wanted to prove to myself that the 18in. wheels would work on a dream. Interesting that I have never seen anybody try it. I heard that the front brakes were not the best on a CA95, and with the C78 being heavier, I thougt the brakes would be less effective than the CA95. That is the main reason I made the switch. Now if only I could get it on the road and test it---sigh-

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home