Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1965 cl77

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
noMR.ANDERSONob
honda305.com Member

1965 cl77

Post by noMR.ANDERSONob » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:07 pm

thinking of restoring one to good quality how long of a time frame and how much should it cost?

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:38 pm

That is a question ! We all know what opinions are like but here is mine. How much are you gonna do yourself? Depending on your skills and equipment the do it yourself part should go quickly. It's when you send parts (or assemblys) out for someone else to do is when time starts to drag on,and on,etc.
Also, How picky are you? Need everything be "show quality" or "rider quality"? If you insist on polishing every nut and bolt ( and clocking them) it's gonna take some time and cost more.
So the answer to your question is; It's up to you. Just try to enjoy yourself,but thats my opinion. Kustommusic

ggray
honda305.com Member

65 cl77 resto

Post by ggray » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:38 am

Just speaking for myself, I'm in the last stages of redoing my '65 CL77 and it's taken a little over a year and approx $3,000.00.
Time is = to $$$ availability, at least in my case.

Also, mine is not a concourse resto and I did do a bunch of polishing and fabrication.

I did all the work except the chrome plating and DID get the powder coating done for nothing.

All depends on how far you want to take it.

Gary
'65 CL77 Owner

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home