Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

update

Want to keep a Restoration Log? Post it here! You can include photos. Suggested format: One Restoration per Thread; then keep adding your updates to the same thread...
Dana01
honda305.com Member

update

Post by Dana01 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi gang. Been riding around the block a bunch and to Starbucks in the morning (1 mi.) in order to sort things out. Also waiting till it looks "right" and runs right before doing a YouTube for y'all.

So it now looks as good as it's going to ... for this season anyway, so here's a pic.

Video is still in the making soon as I feel comfortable riding it firther. Things are still sorting themselves out, so that milestone is still in the future (see clutch issue elsewhere in the forum).

It's had a variety of issues so far for various reasons ... some mechanical, some were DEU issues (Defective End User).

Fuel line clogged with sand (gas station or dirty gas can ... hmmm)
Out of gas (switched to reserve then ran fine, but not before bucking and stuttering a ton)
Out of gas again but this time tank was full. Flipped petcock screen over with tabs facing up ... so far issue hasn't returned (thanks Fred)
Header ring fell off and was flopping around (musta not been tightened enough eh?)
Stuck in 2nd and couldn't shift to 3rd. Got home in 2nd. Later problem disappeared, but suspect needed cable adjustment, or possibly sloppy shifter pedal. Replaced shifter bolt anyway.
Very rough running after I did Ed's tuneup (user error ... had cam mark up instead of down ... all better now and runs much betterer.) Thanks Ed!
Still have 3-4 side case oil leaks. Will investigate later. Low priority.
Right fork slowly leaking fork oil ... and not from the drain bolt ... . Will investigate later.
Clutch cable slipped (issue unresolved)

Thanks again all you great forumites for helping me :)) Couldn't have done it without you all.
Attachments
All the bits are in place.
All the bits are in place.
Dana

1966/7 CB-77 Red of course
1976 CB-550F (project over-budget and under-funded)
1985 GS-450S (Land Speed Racer)

lifewithoutparole
honda305.com Member

Great Bike!

Post by lifewithoutparole » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Dana, Your bike looks great!! Love the colors. I love the red frame CB's and CL's the best. You got me wondering now about my re-install of the petcock screen!!! Scuse me while I go look! Keep udating us and a few more pics would be nice. Tim

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home