Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 Dream Headlight

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
olde-goat
honda305.com Member

CA77 Dream Headlight

Post by olde-goat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:01 am

I am looking for any suggestions with regard to the CA77 Headlight bulb/sealed beam. I currently do not have a bulb, and not sure if buying a used/expensive bulb off ebay is the way to go. I saw a picture on this forum a while back of a Honda Dream retrofitted with a round bulb. It looked like the round bulb was fitted into what I thought was a polished stainless steel plate into the square headlight bezel. Sorry but I could not find the post. Any thoughts? Thank you

Muddy
honda305.com Member

Post by Muddy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:10 pm

Happy New Year olde-goat

It probably depends on how much you want to spend and how much you are prepared to deviate from the "standard" look. Personally, I like the look of the square headlight and shell and how it blends into the frame. To keep this look, I went with the Charlie's place halogen headlight, but they seem to be out of stock at the moment.

There is also a topic on here on how someone modified the sealed beam headlight to accept a H4 halogen bulb.

There are a lot of round headlights with bright chrome shells that could be adapted to fit the Dream with suitable brackets and removing the square Dream shell, but then you lose the ignition switch & speedo position etc.

I think there is also a topic on here where someone kept the square headlight surround and used a round headlight. I'll see what I can find.

Regards

Muddy
Thanks.

Regards

Muddy

'64 C72
'63 C72

Muddy
honda305.com Member

Post by Muddy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Try using the search feature in this forum and see these topics:
  • Lamp conversion

How to make your own LED headlight

Headlight

Cheap & Easy Dream Headlight Replacement
Some good info and options here.
Thanks.

Regards

Muddy

'64 C72
'63 C72

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:58 pm

I agree with Muddy. Keeping the square lamp, is the way to go. Surely you can find a used one and convert it to use H4 bulbs. It couldn't be much more effort to do that than to make up a plate to use round lamps. See http://www.honda305.com/forums/ca77-lam ... t5820.html

olde-goat
honda305.com Member

Post by olde-goat » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:49 pm

Happy New Year, thanks all for responding, all great suggestions. I agree square would be the way to go. I guess it's back to ebay....

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Post by Seadog » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:28 pm

olde-goat wrote:Happy New Year, thanks all for responding, all great suggestions. I agree square would be the way to go. I guess it's back to ebay....
Good choice, O-G. Those on ebay are pricey though. Maybe someone here has one priced more reasonably. Do you participate in any of the Facebook 305 groups? If so, you might have some luck asking folks there if the might have one.

olde-goat
honda305.com Member

Post by olde-goat » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi Seadog, yes, I also inquired on some of the Facebook groups, but no luck so far. Thanks for the input...

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home