Admirers

CL77 ground wire locations

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
jrod1540
honda305.com Member

CL77 ground wire locations

Post by jrod1540 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:18 am

All,

I have searched hi and low through the forums and seen some wire diagrams. I also have bill silvers wire diagram for the Cl77.

I rebuilt the original wiring diagram to spec replacing the corroded wires etc. and used high quality bullet connectors.

Problem:
I cant get the headlight or the horn to work. now the horn maybe shot but i tested the head light on high and low connecting straight to the battery and got it to turn on so i know the bulb works. i have connected all the green wires correctly. but i don't have a ground going anywhere on the bike other than where the green wire goes to the key switch and where the battery negative grounds to the frame. I'm wondering if i am missing a ground to the frame somewhere. I'm thinking kind of like the 70 cb's have a green ground that mounts to the fram near the coils. I'm at a loss. I have the green wire from headlight that grounds to the headlight right then also have the green wire connected to the main green wire that feeds back down the main harness. i have taken a test like and confirmed that when i turn the main switch on at the headlight casing on i have power coming in out of the switch.

My main question is can someone tell me all of the ground points on the bike. i feel like i am missing something. the wires are pretty simplistic red to red brown to brown. etc. so i feel confident i have the wires connected right but I'm starting to wonder if there is an additional frame ground I'm missing.

Hahnda
honda305.com Member

Post by Hahnda » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Going from memory isn't there also a ground wire from the headlight to the bucket? Try running a jumper from a ground point on the frame/engine to a ground point in the headlight bucket.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home