Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Ca77 rectifier wires

Charging System, Wiring, Lighting
tomcat2821
honda305.com Member

Ca77 rectifier wires

Post by tomcat2821 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:06 pm

ok I Got 3 wires hooked up on my switch can anyone tell me where the yellow, pink wire from the rectifier hooks to on the switch I have a 3 position switch witch have 4 place for wires Bat, starter, ACC, IGN ok I got the battery red wire, the ING black with white tube coming from the nutral switch and black coming from the ignition coil I have a diagram but it shows 8 hook ups my switch only has 4 is there any place they can go on my switch plus there is a brown wire from the meter lamp, green wire from the horn button but these arent that important than the yellow and pink wire from the rectifier <br /><br />also I am not getting fire to the plugs maybe coil or points bad dont know what else could keep from getting fire any help would be appretiated thanks

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: Ca77 rectifier wires

Post by kustommusic » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:19 pm

Tom, Mabey it would be easier to get the proper CA switch for your bike. Not trying to give you a hard time but it sure would make things more straight forward on the pesky wiring. Besides I save my &quot;hard times&quot; for Ryan. <br /> I wouldn't worry about getting fire to the plugs till you have the key switch business straight. That will probably fix your ignition problems too. Good Luck! Steve Greer

tomcat2821
honda305.com Member

Post by tomcat2821 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:29 pm

so you are telling me I have the wrong switch b/c it was on the bike when I got it it was hooked up but I didnt have a key so a friend of mine unhhoked the wires from the switch and then left and if so where can I get this switch thanks for the reply

ryan_siefrin
honda305.com Member

Post by ryan_siefrin » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:39 pm

kustommusic wrote:<br />Tom, Mabey it would be easier to get the proper CA switch for your bike. Not trying to give you a hard time but it sure would make things more straight forward on the pesky wiring. Besides I save my &quot;hard times&quot; for Ryan. <br /> I wouldn't worry about getting fire to the plugs till you have the key switch business straight. That will probably fix your ignition problems too. Good Luck! Steve Greer<br />
<br /><br />LOL, WOW, all the other broken parts that i have tried to sale in the past have never come back to haunt me like this headlight has.
Ryan Siefring

1965 Honda CA77 Dream
1996 Honda CBR 900 RR

ryan_siefrin
honda305.com Member

Post by ryan_siefrin » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:40 pm

tomcat2821 wrote:<br />so you are telling me I have the wrong switch b/c it was on the bike when I got it it was hooked up but I didnt have a key so a friend of mine unhhoked the wires from the switch and then left and if so where can I get this switch thanks for the reply<br />
<br /><br />Try ebay for your switch, i've seen many on there or ohiocycyle.com or classiccycle.com<br /><br />lata
Ryan Siefring

1965 Honda CA77 Dream
1996 Honda CBR 900 RR

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home