Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

'67 305 scrambler pleated seat

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
kennebecgtr
honda305.com Member

'67 305 scrambler pleated seat

Post by kennebecgtr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 am

Howdy! I'm restoring a cl 77 that has a pleated seat. There were a handful of these bikes outfitted in Minnesota back in the day that had sparkle paint (red, blue, orange) and pleated seats. Don't know where they came from at the time; but I don't believe these were factory supplied options. I would love to get some history on these bikes just outta curiosity. My main goal is to replace the seat cover instead of going back to the factory (smooth) style replacement. I also would like to re-foam if I can find a proper replacement foam covering. If not; is there a spray on foam I could use and re-shape. Any info on these projects would be greatly appreciated. I need to get this done before the ice melts up here.
Thanks, William in Mpls.

OldStan
honda305.com Member

Post by OldStan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:12 pm

I have a 67 CL77- orange. I was told the pleated seat was original, up to now I was sure it wasn't. Now you have me wondering. Mine also had some items chromed that I understand were not standard- kickstand, center stand, engine guard and chain guard, so that may have been part of the customizing as well.

I've been told that a yoga mat will work for material to replace the foam pieces, but I haven't tried it yet. I've just patched mine together and repaired the cover to get by for now. The smooth covers are available on eBay.
63 CA78

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:29 am

Where the DREAM (black/red/blue/white) HAWK/SUPER HAWK (black/blue) the 250/305 SCRAMBLER had only the flat surface black cover.
We did a lot of changes with color/chrome/seat covers to make our bike different from other folks bikes. ............lm
OldStan wrote:I have a 67 CL77- orange. I was told the pleated seat was original, up to now I was sure it wasn't. Now you have me wondering. Mine also had some items chromed that I understand were not standard- kickstand, center stand, engine guard and chain guard, so that may have been part of the customizing as well.

I've been told that a yoga mat will work for material to replace the foam pieces, but I haven't tried it yet. I've just patched mine together and repaired the cover to get by for now. The smooth covers are available on eBay.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home