Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Solo seat for a Dream

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
AK Dream
honda305.com Member

Solo seat for a Dream

Post by AK Dream » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:26 am

Looking for a solo seat to put on my CA77 and was hoping to find one like the solo on the CYP77. First, will the solo seat from a CYP fit on a CA? Second, I know that they are long out of production, so does anyone know where I can get one if it will fit? Lastly if the seat won't fit, does anyone know of a solo seat that will, other than the bobber seats they have for sale on e-Bay?
Any input would be helpful, thanks.

Paul Strassmaier
honda305.com Member

Post by Paul Strassmaier » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:01 pm

I've got a 64 CYP77 and the solo seat is quite a bit different than early or late dream, and it wouldn't mount. Are you looking for an early or late dream solo seat? I do have them from time to time, but they are pretty hard to find.

Paul
CB72, CL72, CS72, CYP77
C71,JC57,D, 4E, Z50m

AK Dream
honda305.com Member

Post by AK Dream » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:05 am

Mine is a 65'. I have no idea what the mount for the CYP even looks like. I've seen dreams with solo seats and racks behind, but don't know how much of a mod was required to get the fit. I figured if I had the right seat I can get a mount made if I had to. It's just so darn hard to find the seat and rack both and that's what I'm looking for. Any help would be much appreciated.

hotrodhendrix
honda305.com Member

Post by hotrodhendrix » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:35 pm

I went with an interesting early Honda center sprung solo seat I found on yahoo auctions japan. Between it and the c71 rack it was 3 or 400 I think. Then had to do some cutting and welding on the rear round for mounting. Had to alter the rear shock mounts. Also working on altering the mounting bracket for the seat itself. Not the easiest thing but the best alterations never are. Everything has now been blasted, powder coated and elk hide wrapped. Come to think of it I spent way too much on a seat and rack ha.

(64 dream)

~James

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home