Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Correct Badge?

Restoration and Cosmetic Upkeep
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 pm

The one on the previous message is OEM and as yours has the defined flat area at the edge I'd say yours are AM. ......lm

OldHarley wrote:The '64 CA72 I just bought has these badges.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fitzwater/ ... 9257517106

I do not know if they are original to the bike or not, but my guess is they are.

OldHarley
honda305.com Member

Post by OldHarley » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:53 pm

lm,

In reading your response, I gather that the aftermarket badges have a flattened portion (?) at perimeter. At nearly 50 years of use, anything is possible, but I was surprised you think aftermarket.

Bike appears as good unrestored, and PO of 7 years only replaced tires and seat covering, so it makes a person wonder what could have happened to cause someone to replace tank badges.
Does remainder of bike appear as it should or have other items been replaced since 1964?

Not sure where to find this info, so I am asking.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:21 pm

You ask what would cause someone to replace the tank badges.
Well it's called time in the sun and they were resin not actual plastic like the AM ones you have so they warped and cracked and the gold area became silver.
This is a HONDA and I've been working on them a couple of years and I told you the identifier of your AM badges.
You can get OEM but they cost a bunch and yours aren't OEM. ........lm

OldHarley wrote:lm,

In reading your response, I gather that the aftermarket badges have a flattened portion (?) at perimeter. At nearly 50 years of use, anything is possible, but I was surprised you think aftermarket.

Bike appears as good unrestored, and PO of 7 years only replaced tires and seat covering, so it makes a person wonder what could have happened to cause someone to replace tank badges.
Does remainder of bike appear as it should or have other items been replaced since 1964?

Not sure where to find this info, so I am asking.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home