□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Correct Colour for Number Plate Holder

mcconnellfrance
honda305.com Member

Post by mcconnellfrance » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:14 pm

LM, you are certainly correct that a black 305 still looks good. I owned a black CB72 in the late sixties fitted with a white Peel fairing with rectangular headlight. It looked great and I must find an old photo of it. I just like the scarlet red better and the rarer blue ones look very nice.
G-Man, unfortunately, I doubt I will make it to Stafford. I am driving up to Scotland on Saturday and passing that way but unlikely to have time to call in, which is a pity as It is on my bucket list.
Started to re-assemble now and the newly painted and polished parts look very nice. More later.
Gordon

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:53 pm

IMO HONDA used the colors and assembled the colored parts in such a way that the bike IMO actually looked racy and fast.
That said I just can't like the ALL WHITE bikes no matter CB72/77 or DREAM. .............lm
mcconnellfrance wrote:LM, you are certainly correct that a black 305 still looks good. I owned a black CB72 in the late sixties fitted with a white Peel fairing with rectangular headlight. It looked great and I must find an old photo of it. I just like the scarlet red better and the rarer blue ones look very nice.
G-Man, unfortunately, I doubt I will make it to Stafford. I am driving up to Scotland on Saturday and passing that way but unlikely to have time to call in, which is a pity as It is on my bucket list.
Started to re-assemble now and the newly painted and polished parts look very nice. More later.
Gordon

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home