Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Elk Grove Rod, Custom and Motorcycle Show Aug 18th

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
OldStan
honda305.com Member

Elk Grove Rod, Custom and Motorcycle Show Aug 18th

Post by OldStan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Never been to this show, but figured I'd enter my bike. Ran a picture by the organizers and they said it would be great for the show. It's only 10 or so miles away, so why not?

If anyone else is game here's the link;
http://www.chambermaster.com/directory/ ... entid=5691

or if you're in the area, come by and say hi, admission is free.
63 CA78

OldStan
honda305.com Member

Post by OldStan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Been trying to post pictures of the event- lost some and can't get my picture resizer to work.

It was a relatively small event- 1st time they've had it in many years, and not well organized. I'd preregistered and they lost my application and check (at least I hope they don't cash it now!) There were around 100 cars, one Yamaha Tri Star with sidecar (and bulldog passenger), a Stallion (owner called it a motorcycle- it's a 3 wheeler with a fiberglass body and a steering wheel) and my Dream. The bulldog got the recognition.

Although I got placed down at the end of the line behind a late model Corvette, it was a pretty good day. It was fun watching peoples face light up as they came around the car and got the first look at the bike. Lots of conversations with people who had one or a similar model back in the day. Even had one guy that was working for the Honda dealer when these were new. He ended up bringing me a few small parts he had laying around. Next time I'll do one more motorcycle oriented.
63 CA78

OldStan
honda305.com Member

Post by OldStan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:21 pm

finally got some pictures to work.

Contrary to the picture, it wasn't just the gray hairs that were drawn to it.
Attachments
It did get some attention-
It did get some attention-
This was the first time my wife got close to the bike- we're gaining ground!
This was the first time my wife got close to the bike- we're gaining ground!
63 CA78

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home