Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Harvest Classic Rally and Show

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
jleewebb
honda305.com Member

Harvest Classic Rally and Show

Post by jleewebb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:00 pm

A few weekends ago I took my bike on our first out-of town trip, to the Harvest Classic Motorcycle Rally in Luckenbach, Tx. (http://harvestclassic.org/). Waylon and Willie and the boys didn’t show up, but there were lots of vintage and modern bikes, zillions of people. Loads of fun.

Since entry to the bike show was free with two-day admission, I figured what the heck, I needed to park the bike somewhere, anyway. Didn’t win, place, or show, but got a lot of compliments on Ol’ Blue. There were a couple of later CB77s in the ‘60s division, plus a beautiful ’61 CB72 I’d seen before. Several CLs, too, no Dreams in show except the “bad” one. Great time looking at all the old bikes. Some interesting 305s in the “competition” division, too. Put a couple of hundred miles on the bike, perfect weather, wonderful weekend, great ride.
Attachments
Not everyone was on a bike.
Not everyone was on a bike.
I’ve seen this one here on the forum. Owner wasn’t around so I didn’t get to ask why it only went 75 mph at Bonneville.
I’ve seen this one here on the forum. Owner wasn’t around so I didn’t get to ask why it only went 75 mph at Bonneville.
Visited with the owners, hard to believe they actually race this beautiful specimen in AHRMA events. That 350 scrambler is pretty special, too.
Visited with the owners, hard to believe they actually race this beautiful specimen in AHRMA events. That 350 scrambler is pretty special, too.
Lots of really fine ‘60s bikes meant stiff competition. Too bad they didn’t judge only bikes that had been ridden to the show, we mightta stood a chance.
Lots of really fine ‘60s bikes meant stiff competition. Too bad they didn’t judge only bikes that had been ridden to the show, we mightta stood a chance.
Between Henley and Blanco. Look close and you’ll see my seat pad, leftover foam from seat rebuild stuffed in a blue jean leg. It helped.  No iron butt, me.
Between Henley and Blanco. Look close and you’ll see my seat pad, leftover foam from seat rebuild stuffed in a blue jean leg. It helped. No iron butt, me.
'62 CB77. "It's a rider."

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Lee -- awesome shots! What a neat variety of bikes - I'm very jealous of that CYB seat on the racer!

Thanks for posting.....

Gunner_CAF
honda305.com Member

Post by Gunner_CAF » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:24 am

Lee,

Thanks for the pictures! I would have voted for you :)

I like your tank bag, good idea. My son and I were eyeing up some leather saddle bags at Farm and Fleet. I hope to take some road trips next year.

Gunner

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:42 am

So how far was the round-trip ride? If it was a longer ride, how did you like using the bike loaded with your bags? Did you have enough room to move around on the bike?

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home