Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

BARBER VINTAGE FESTIVAL

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
flathead
honda305.com Member

BARBER VINTAGE FESTIVAL

Post by flathead » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:05 pm

WE'RE GETTING EXCITED AGAIN AS ITS ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL THE BARBER FESTIVAL.
CHARGING UP THE BATTERIES ON THE OLD SCRAMBLER AND SUPERHAWK AND HEADING DOWN TO B'HAM ON THE 17TH FOR THE SWAPMEET. I'VE GOT A LOT OF SPARES (10 PARTS BIKES IN ALL ) SO IF YOUR HEADING THAT WAY AND LOOKING FOR ANYTHING, OR HAVE ANYTHING TO SELL OR TRADE, LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL TRY TO PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER. I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR CL72 STUFF (FRAMES AND CASES)TO PUT TOGETHER A FLAT TRACK BIKE.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

MARK

Buck
honda305.com Member

Post by Buck » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:43 pm

I'll be at Barber's also. I have a NOS CL72 frame if interested.Can bring it down for sale or trade.

ekim
honda305.com Member

Post by ekim » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:21 pm

I'm planning on going too. I have what appears to me, to be an early cb77 serial# 1015122. frame, swing arm, rear fender with tail light bracket - two hole mounting, headlight bucket, front forks complete with upper and lower trees all in good condition, but no front fender. Front and rear rims,hubs,brake drums are rough but can be salvaged. Not for a full restore but good enough to fix up a rider from. If your interested I plan on bringing them to Barber.

Looking for a front fender that's rought but good enough to cut/bob or a fender center bracket so I can adapt something.
67 cb77 Superhawk - newest project

78 cb750k Caferacer (sort of)

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: BARBER VINTAGE FESTIVAL

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:39 pm

I'll be there and I'll bring CB/CL72/77 speedo's used and NOS and speedo mounts for both and engine gasket sets. And if I have time tomorrow I'll bring some carbs. I'll need ya to call me on my cell at 830-459-0664 and I can meet ya and show the items to ya. I can bring a 300x19 and 350x19 DUNLOP tire to sell as a set if ya want them. Anyone need parts for CB/CL72/77 bikes I may be able to bring?. ........................lm

flathead wrote:WE'RE GETTING EXCITED AGAIN AS ITS ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL THE BARBER FESTIVAL.
CHARGING UP THE BATTERIES ON THE OLD SCRAMBLER AND SUPERHAWK AND HEADING DOWN TO B'HAM ON THE 17TH FOR THE SWAPMEET. I'VE GOT A LOT OF SPARES (10 PARTS BIKES IN ALL ) SO IF YOUR HEADING THAT WAY AND LOOKING FOR ANYTHING, OR HAVE ANYTHING TO SELL OR TRADE, LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL TRY TO PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER. I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR CL72 STUFF (FRAMES AND CASES)TO PUT TOGETHER A FLAT TRACK BIKE.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

MARK
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

Hoosier Tom
honda305.com Member

BARBER VINTAGE FESTIVAL

Post by Hoosier Tom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:19 pm

I've got some Scrambler stuff I can bring. I'm staying with Loud Mouse, so if you see Ed you can ask him if I brought the parts. I've got an NOS 8 hole steel front fender, a nice used alloy front fender, a repainted alloy rear fender, used 8 hole and 6 hole front fender brace, CL72 carbs with Webco (I think) intake runners and other misc NOS & used odds and ends. Looking forward to an enjoyable meet.

Hoosier Tom

okie88
honda305.com Member

Post by okie88 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Loud Mouse and Okie88 found plenty of stuff they didn't do right on this CB77. Barber is always a great place to go, but I could have done without the rain.
Attachments
LMOK.jpg

Superchicken
honda305.com Member

Post by Superchicken » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:58 am

Yea, I can see easily, that bike is butchered! Looks like they ruined a perfectly good Yankee Z too. I am toying with the idea of making an all blue CB77, out of mine, although, perfect examples do have their place, too. I think that each of those bikes at Barber, needs to be taken out and ridden daily . It is sad, they are locked up like animals at the zoo. The motorcycle rights people need to be brought in, and these people dealt with.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home