Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Mid-Ohio 2009

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
eyedragaknee
honda305.com Member

Mid Ohio

Post by eyedragaknee » Mon May 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Being from the great white north originally(Ohio), you need to get a room or campsite early. Most likely rooms are already gone.

Great event. Bring rain gear, GOOD walking shoes, and mosquito spray. Sumbitches the size of small birds.

Barber in October is getting to be a close second too.

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:35 am

Well now it's only a bit more than a month left to go! Just got something in the mail from the AMA regarding THREE separate shows on the Saturday (all at the same time!). One of them is the 'Ride 'Em Don't Hide 'Em', which involves a 50 mile ride, lunch, and then a show immediately thereafter. The second is a show strictly for cafe bikes, and the third is run by the Motorcycle Hall of Fame and is for all makes (pre-'89 I think). I'm going to probably do the Ride 'Em Don't Hide 'Em, but that is a very tough choice! I think the lunch is what sold me the last time I did it......

The bike is going to the mechanic this week to get a bunch of stuff done, so it will be ready for the ride out there and back.

shanepeeler
honda305.com Member

Mid Ohio

Post by shanepeeler » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:21 pm

I have locked in my reservations today. I will be camping on site (pop up) and will be bringing my three young boys with me, mom is working friday and saturday although I think she is more excited for some peace and quiet. It sounds like there will be some members and their bikes there so I hope I can talk with everyone and check them out. I am excited at the prospect of seeing my favorite category of antiques, (bikes) and am VERY excited at the prospect of going to a swap meet, any swap meet, where there may actually be a good selection of metric parts avaliable. Every local swap meet I go to including pretty large ones in Kalamazoo and Valpariso, IN is packed with harley parts and very very few parts for any other brands. Hopefully I can scope out some correct superhawks and kind of see what other parts may be missing as well as look at some assembly details. Mike Mullins has been kind enough to let me go to his house and let me look at and even RIDE his superhawk and that helped tremendously. But the more I look at my bike and pour over the parts sites and manuals I have new questions and need another look and he lives over two hours away. Anyway I ramble on and will keep an eye on this post to see how many may be going. Shane Strong

AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:19 am

i am going to try to go up saturday. I only live a couple of hours away so it will be a good day trip for me. I was going to go to a ride for kids event on saturday but i may have to choose this instead. I will be going with one of my friends and he is taking his vintage trials bike so we may trailer the bikes and then ride some from there.
1965 superhawk...project
2007 honda spirit 1100 ridin bike

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:14 am

Saturday morning - 'Ride 'Em Don't Hide 'Em' ride and show - come along for the ride! I think it leaves at about 10 or so, and the judging is at about 2pm. There's two other shows going on Saturday as well.

flathead
honda305.com Member

Post by flathead » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Wow!!!Mid-Ohio is creeping up fast!!!
I'm working frantically to get the custom Superhawk ready and try to load up this weekend.
I'll be on row CC at the swap meet with a few of my hand made tanks, some Scrambler fenders and braces (used and NOS) , repop sheet metal for the Harley Hummers (made here in my shop), and a bunch of other junk. I've got about 10 parts bikes here in the attic , so if anyone needs any specific part PM me and I'll do my best to bring it with me.
Hope to see you there,
Mark

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Calling for scattered thunderstorms this week.....ugh.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home