Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

BARBER VINTAGE FESTIVAL

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
bfd402
honda305.com Member

Post by bfd402 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:35 am

Had a great time on my newly finished, cosmetically challenged, CB77 at Barber. I was pleasantly surprised with how it ran and look forward to working out a few small bugs. I don't have any pictures at the moment.
Nice to meet HoosierTom (I believe)
bfd

flathead
honda305.com Member

Post by flathead » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:11 am

Only 2 weeks til Barber Vintage Festival !!!.
I've aquired 6 or 7 parts more bikes since last year (Superhawks and Scramblers).
If you're looking for anything in particular let me know.
I'm bringing a few cafe tank kits and Misc. bits and pieces.
Swap meet spaces A11 and 12.

Mark

cbxmountainman
honda305.com Member

Barber Motorcycle Meet

Post by cbxmountainman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:20 am

Can anyone terll me the exact dates for the Barber Meet/Races? Thanks, Charlie AKA cbxmountainman

flathead
honda305.com Member

Post by flathead » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Here's a link to the schedule.

http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/event-schedule.php

As you will see, there is a whole lot of things going on with the racing, swap meet, air show, museum, and other activities.

I've been going to Mid-Ohio and Barber both since the first year of each event. I enjoy each for what they offer my passion for trading old things that burn gas, require tons of attention, and look cool sitting still or at full throttle.

If I had to give up one of the events it would probably be Mid Ohio, mostly due to the fact that its 500 miles away vs 150 for Barber. Plus it isn't nearly as hot in October as it is in July.

The swap meet at Barber is not as large as Mid-Ohio, but its not as crowded either. I have "scored" each year either dragging in some POS for "future projects" or relieved myself of a POS from past "future projects".

Matter of fact the first year at Barber I sold my 52 Harley Flathead and the wife got to spent "ALL" the money on flowers, mints, peanuts, and brides maid dresses for the oldest daughters wedding.

Can't put a price on somethings or so she says.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home