Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Mid-Ohio 2009

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:22 am

i was looking at the events page and found this 8 - 11 AM Ride 'Em Don't Hide 'Em Bike Show Entry but it doesnt list a time for the ride...do you know if this costs extra once you pay to get in? and where to register for this event? i have never been to this so it is all new to me.
1965 superhawk...project
2007 honda spirit 1100 ridin bike

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 am

Here is the link for the shows:

http://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com ... _FINAL.pdf

I think the entry fee is $15.00? They provide lunch along the route, and it is a very nice ride. However, this link says the registration is from 8-10, which makes more sense than 8-11, so I'd err on the side of 10 rather than 11.

I just checked weather.com at 2:30 this morning for Columbus, OH, and the chance of rain has decreased somewhat, but they're pretty well calling for chance of scattered thunderboomers almost every day. Saturday looks pretty good, but I'm feeling a bit 'wussie' for the potential out ride in the rain. Just keep telling myself - don't succumb, don't give in to the four-wheeled cage, be strong!

C'mon people, work with me here - the boy needs a bit of encouragement!

AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:36 pm

C'mon people, work with me here - the boy needs a bit of encouragement!

So what you are saying is that your afraid of a little rain??? just kidding. Basically the weather around here has been very weird this summer. they call for rain every day pretty much and sometimes it happens and sometimes it dont. then when they call for no rain...total downpours...i just dont get it. get on the rain suite and man up!

ok did that work?
1965 superhawk...project

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Yes it helped. I've certainly ridden in enough rain and different terrain over the past, but I went through this last time I rode out to Mid-Ohio (you know, waiting under an overpass while the rain comes down in buckets) and it wasn't much fun. Of course, not any more fun driving my Jetta out there either! So yes, we'll be riding.....thanks for the dope slap.

AWILLIAMS64
honda305.com Member

Post by AWILLIAMS64 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 am

well i cant say much,. you are definitely riding much further than i am and i am kind of ashamed to say that i will be.....trailering....my bike there. The only reason is that the guy i am going with is taking his vintage trials bike and we only have 1 day so we want to make the best of our time..
1965 superhawk...project

onchiman
honda305.com Member

Post by onchiman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:16 am

My wife and I are leaving for mid-Ohio tomorrow morning. It's an 11 hour drive for us from Northern NY. We're taking the car because it's my first time going there. The rain should be no problem for us because it's been raining all summer long here. I'm looking forward to the swap-meet and just taking it all in.

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:07 am

Well just got back from our whirlwind tour of Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio. Lots of rain, tons of mud, a sort of controlled chaos with bikes, golf carts and pedestrians all trying to navigate their way through the place. Friday and Sunday were beautiful days, but Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday were different stories. The total ride was just a little more than 1000 miles round trip, and the bike performed flawlessly (Lee's CX500 got a flat, but was quickly fixed). Can't wait for next year!

The Start

Bikes Ready to Go!

Rain!

More Rain!

Fixing the Flat

Some of the Swap Meet

Gorgeous CL350

Don't Mess with THIS Dream!

IV for a CB750 Sandcast

At the Cafe Racer Magazine Tent

On Our Way Home

The End!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home