Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

The York Swap Meet -Sunday Jan. 24th!

Rides, Meets, Shows, Races, etc. | Literature: Repair, Parts, History, Philosophy (ZatAoMM)
RachelAustin
honda305.com Member

The York Swap Meet -Sunday Jan. 24th!

Post by RachelAustin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 am

January 24, 2010

8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
York Fairgrounds in York, PA.

2010 York Swap Meet Sponsored by Potomac Vintage Riders The York Swap Meet has become one of the largest indoor vintage motorcycle events on the East Coast. The single day event includes swap meet trading, motorcycle corral and judged motorcycle show. This years event will once again be held at the York Fairgrounds and now under one roof in the Memorial Hall East building.
Thanks to all who supported the Vintage Swap Meet in York, PA last January. We encourage all who would like to participate as vendors to send in their pre-registration at their earliest convenience. Don't get caught at the last minute and risk losing your vendor space.

We had a great turnout from old and new vendors and buyers alike at the January PVR Vintage Swap Meet last year. At the PVR Swap Meet last year we continued the Vintage Bike Show and will again this year. Between now and January 24th, we encourage you to spread the word about the January PVR Vintage Swap Meet & Bike Show. With the help of the vintage community, we'll ensure that this event will survive for many years to come. The best part is, it will benefit vintage enthusiasts all over the North Atlantic region.

Click for the 2010 Swapmeet Flyer
Event Details
ADMISSION:
$6 Non-Club Members, $5 Motorcycle Club/Organization Members with proof of membership.
SHOW HOURS:
8AM to 3PM
The York Fairgrounds is located at U.S. 30 & 334 Carlisle Ave. The PVR Swap Meet is being held in the Memorial Hall East building.
DIRECTIONS:
Directions from your location using the FAIR DIRECTIONS page.
SITE INFORMATION:
Click the link to view the information about the building and its features, facilities, and capacities of the Memorial Hall East building.
BIKE SHOW:
There will be a judged bike show for this event. No time like the present to bring out those winter projects and show them off to all your vintage appreciative friends! $10 for 1 bike; $25 for 3 or more bikes. This fee is in addition to the admission fee.

Classes to be judged:
Vintage Off-Road 74 and Older
Vintage Off-Road 75-83
Vintage Road 70 and Older
Vintage Road 71-83
Best Vintage Custom
Best Minibike

INDOOR BIKE CORRAL:
Only have one or two bikes and no parts to sell? Bring your bike(s) and display them in the PVR Bike Corral! $15 for 1 Bike (includes one admission); $25 for 2 Bikes (includes one admission).
MUSIC:
There will be a wide selection of 60's, 70's and early 80's tunes being played over the PA system in the Old Main building during the Saturday setup and Sunday swap meet.
50/50 RAFFLE:
There will be a 50/50 raffle during the hours of the Swap Meet & Show. The drawing will be held at 2:30pm and the owner of the winning ticket will go home with half of the money collected. Must be present to win.
VENDOR SPACE:
$60 for a 10' X 10' Space (includes two admissions). $10 for a Table Rental. $1 for a Chair Rental. $25 for electricity. These last three items must be paid for through pre-registration or before you setup at the Swap Meet.
VENDOR & SHOW REGISTRATION :
Vendor & Show pre-registration is now open for the January 24, 2010 PVR Vintage Swap Meet & Bike Show. You will still be able to register at the swap meet, but you will be assigned space(s) which haven't been reserved by those who pre-registered. Be sure to download the Vendor & Show Registration Form in PDF format . Print the form and fill it out. We cannot accept credit cards. Send the filled out form along with a check to:

Make the check out to:
PVR
520 Nursery Drive North
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055

Vendor Pre-Registration via mail-in check must be received by January 16, 2010. Vendor Onsite-Registration on January 23-24, 2010 at the York Fairgrounds will be via cash only.
ATTENTION: Only vendors who are selling NEW merchandise need to register with the PA Dept Of Revenue for a sales tax number. Vendors who are selling personal used bikes/parts do not need to worry about this. Because of this, it is very important to specify on the Vendor Registration Form whether you are selling New or Used merchandise.
VENDOR SETUP:
Saturday, January 23, 2010 from 11 a.m. to 4:40 p.m.
Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 7 a.m..

CONTACT INFO:
Allen Brown
520 Nursery Drive North
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
swapmeet@potomacvintageriders.com
Attachments
PVRYORK.jpg
-Rachel
1965 CA95
1968 CA77
1974 TX500 *sold*
1964 Puch SG

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 pm

I'll be there bright and early!

RachelAustin
honda305.com Member

Post by RachelAustin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Me too! There's a truckload of us Northern Virginians heading out around 6:15.

Off topic.... Vince, I am in love with your bike. I was taking my gear off at Thurmont when you and your posse rolled in. It's tone is phenomenal! I creeped on it hard for sure.
-Rachel
1965 CA95
1968 CA77
1974 TX500 *sold*
1964 Puch SG

Vince Lupo
honda305.com Member

Post by Vince Lupo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey Rachel -- thanks for the compliments on the bike -- I think it's going to be even nicer once this final (ha!) round of work is complete. Of course, it will still sound as raucous as ever.

I went to the show early this morning, and it was nice to see it in the new building (much cleaner!). I really went to just poke around, and wasn't looking for anything in particular (though one vendor almost tempted me with some vintage AMA Gypsy Tour ephemera). I think that some of the vendors still think it's 2007, as their prices seemed to reflect that (I mean, haven't they ever heard of 'economic stimulus' pricing???). Unfortunately there wasn't any CB77 stuff to be found, but there were a few interesting bikes to be seen, particularly that vintage CB450 chopper survivor from the '70s. Was also good to re-connect with some of my fellow cabin-fever compatriots (Tim McDowell, Dan Gray, etc).

Lee Hulteng and Scott Simon of The Little Honda Gang came along for the fun - Scott was dreaming of finding a bargain CB450 Black Bomber (as there are so many out there!), but 'twas not to be. Lee was looking for parts for his W2 bobber project, and found a front sprocket that he thinks will work.

All in all, a good day to be out and surrounded by motorcycles and motorcycle parts and motorcycle folks!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home