Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

More personalized.

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
Zimdale
honda305.com Member

More personalized.

Post by Zimdale » Fri May 04, 2012 10:49 am

Okay I understand I am new to the forum so I haven't fully discovered how close the community here is but I have done a lot of work for forums and owned a few myself and there is one this I believe this forum lacks a lot.

Personalizing each member. Having options that make it seem like the members actually know each other a little more. Like have an option where people can list out their bikes in their profile along with pictures of the bike.

You have to figure, everyone that comes to this site already has common ground. They love bikes, most have the same of one particular bikes. So how about mediums to show off bikes better.

How about ride logs, promoting people to take pictures of their bike and post them. With a common ground like that everyone loves to see pictures of their favorite bikes. Maybe a few community "Games" to promote community, so people start putting together the bike with the person.

But as like anything else, the whole thing can turn around with just a few devoted members creating a community ;)

Just to me it looks like more of a support forum for fixing bikes then a forum that is trying to build a community.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: More personalized.

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri May 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Dang if ya may not be correct. .............lm
Zimdale wrote:Okay I understand I am new to the forum so I haven't fully discovered how close the community here is but I have done a lot of work for forums and owned a few myself and there is one this I believe this forum lacks a lot.

Personalizing each member. Having options that make it seem like the members actually know each other a little more. Like have an option where people can list out their bikes in their profile along with pictures of the bike.

You have to figure, everyone that comes to this site already has common ground. They love bikes, most have the same of one particular bikes. So how about mediums to show off bikes better.

How about ride logs, promoting people to take pictures of their bike and post them. With a common ground like that everyone loves to see pictures of their favorite bikes. Maybe a few community "Games" to promote community, so people start putting together the bike with the person.

But as like anything else, the whole thing can turn around with just a few devoted members creating a community ;)

Just to me it looks like more of a support forum for fixing bikes then a forum that is trying to build a community.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home