Login
□ Search
□ FAQ 
□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

My introduction

Do we need more: Boards? Topics? Motorcycles? Different organization? Layout? Suggestions on how to improve the h305 Forum.
salukispeed
honda305.com Member

My introduction

Post by salukispeed » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:14 pm

If this is the wrong place for an intro please feel free to move it.
I'm new to the site but not new to Motorcycles. I have been lurking on his site for a little while and it is great to see the cooperation and sharing of information of so many here. I registered this morning and wanted to join in on the fun. I have a black 66 305 dream and have owned it since 1972 and it is no garage queen but it is in pretty fair shape and all original with 4,400 miles. It finally got new tires for the first time last year so I could ride it more but I still miss the original narrow white walls. I usually get about 50-100 miles per year to keep things freed up and the cobwebs at bay. At the moment I also have a 84 Goldwing, 1970 CT70, 96 shadow and a 1977 750 automatic I worked for Honda as a mechanic from 72-80 and always been an avid rider and owner of a dozen bikes. Thanks for the information and thoughts I have read so far. I have a few questions and will look more in depth for answers before asking the question that has been addressed many times before. I hope to be able to help and share

Bob

Eljeef
honda305.com Member

Post by Eljeef » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Welcome, Bob.
1964-C77 305 Dream
2002 BMW R1150GS

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: My introduction

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:12 pm

May I say that you haven't really joined as you gave only a forum name and NO Other profile info..
May interest you and others to check out my profile and some will learn a bit more about me. .............lm
salukispeed wrote:If this is the wrong place for an intro please feel free to move it.
I'm new to the site but not new to Motorcycles. I have been lurking on his site for a little while and it is great to see the cooperation and sharing of information of so many here. I registered this morning and wanted to join in on the fun. I have a black 66 305 dream and have owned it since 1972 and it is no garage queen but it is in pretty fair shape and all original with 4,400 miles. It finally got new tires for the first time last year so I could ride it more but I still miss the original narrow white walls. I usually get about 50-100 miles per year to keep things freed up and the cobwebs at bay. At the moment I also have a 84 Goldwing, 1970 CT70, 96 shadow and a 1977 750 automatic I worked for Honda as a mechanic from 72-80 and always been an avid rider and owner of a dozen bikes. Thanks for the information and thoughts I have read so far. I have a few questions and will look more in depth for answers before asking the question that has been addressed many times before. I hope to be able to help and share

Bob

salukispeed
honda305.com Member

Post by salukispeed » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:59 am

thanks for the welcome and I have since added a location to my profile but It seem I am challenged as to where I find the signature page to add my Bikes and such.

G3
honda305.com Member

Welcome

Post by G3 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi Bob
Welcome to the forum. If I'm not mistaken, to add your bikes or tagline, go to your profile page and down where it says, "Signature"- you type it in there as you want to see it. (I THINK that's how I did it)

Maximum Carnage
honda305.com Member

Introduction

Post by Maximum Carnage » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:09 pm

New to the forum as well, I couldn't find an "introduction" thread so thought I'd piggy back on this one.
Been looking at buying a Dream for a while and thing this might be the year. Of course looking for one that in running condition. Wish me luck!!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home