Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Dream Handle Bars

thankful
honda305.com Member

Dream Handle Bars

Post by thankful » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:10 pm

Hello all - or should I say hello to like 2 or 3 of you...<br /><br />Anyways,<br /><br />I was looking for some info on the Dream Handlebars.<br /><br />Is the throttle built into the handlebars?<br /><br />I would like to change mine - and I was told that it is like a pain in the butt - as the throttle is built into the bars...<br /><br />Is this true?<br /><br />I do not want to ruin the factory bars and grips - I would simply like to remove the factory bar - and install a new one and grips.<br /><br />Any insight would help me greatly.<br /><br />thanks a ton,<br />

ryan_siefrin
honda305.com Member

Re: Dream Handle Bars

Post by ryan_siefrin » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:40 am

i don't see how it would be too complicated, did you see the ones on ebay?
Ryan Siefring

1965 Honda CA77 Dream
1996 Honda CBR 900 RR

thankful
honda305.com Member

Post by thankful » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:42 am

ryan_siefrin wrote:<br />i don't see how it would be too complicated, did you see the ones on ebay?<br />
<br /><br />Thanks Ryan - but that didnt help me too much.<br /><br />Seeing the ones on ebay is not the problem.<br /><br />From what I hear - changing them out is.....<br /><br />Wondering if anyone has done this?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />

ryan_siefrin
honda305.com Member

Post by ryan_siefrin » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 am

there most of the stuff on the handel bars just bolts on and stays there thru compression, like you said the throttle cable runs thru the tube i guess. I have never dissasembled that Yet.
Ryan Siefring

1965 Honda CA77 Dream
1996 Honda CBR 900 RR

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:57 pm

Andy, Don't buy any handle bars till you talk to me. I have some you might want.Steve Greer

FireBob
honda305.com Member

Post by FireBob » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:55 pm

Cleanig / dismantling the throttle is a piece of cake. There are a couple of parts under the throttle handle, it's pretty obvious where everything goes, and how it works once apart, when reassembling just make note of where the spiral on the inside of the grip is and line it up with the groove on the metal thingy in the handlebarand gently twist on. Put some good quality lube over the whole thing before assembly -not too much- and Bob's your uncle, yer done. you might want to make note of where the clamp is located on the handlebars so you tighten it back on in the same place. Good luck!
FireBob

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home