Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

SUPERHAWK AND DREAM ENGINE

dreamweaver
honda305.com Member

SUPERHAWK AND DREAM ENGINE

Post by dreamweaver » Tue May 10, 2005 8:15 pm

Hi. New to this forum and new to the Honda Dream which i just purchased over the weekend. My question is , does the superhawk and dream share the same engine. I thought there was a dual carb version of the 305 dreams. Am i wrong? <br />pic is of my new purchase .complete and running w/ 15000 original miles, came with windshield, rear rack, and metal carrying case w/ original paint and honda decal on it. original unmolested bike.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: SUPERHAWK AND DREAM ENGINE

Post by kustommusic » Tue May 10, 2005 10:28 pm

Dreamweaver, The &quot;new&quot; bike looks great! I don't think any Dream was made with two carbs. But,,,,,,what a cool swap that would make,just get a cylinder head from a cb or a cl and put it altogether!! Nothing to it! OR, add a nitrous kit and forget the hassle of changing heads! OR, a turbocharger,OR,,,,,,, aw h**l its late and I'm tired, better just forget this message. Steve Greer

Pigeonalley
honda305.com Member

Re: SUPERHAWK AND DREAM ENGINE

Post by Pigeonalley » Sat May 14, 2005 1:18 am

I agree with Kustom. It is a great looking bike!<br /><br />I would like someone who's been playing with these bike's long enough to have tried to put twin carbs on a type 2. To set the story staight! WILL it work?<br /><br />I was TOLD you had to change to a 180 crank to make this work.<br /><br />Anyone haveing made this change, tell us about it.<br /><br />Feel free to email me if you wish. <br /><br />Rob
Old bikes like old men, sometimes you have to kick start them

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home