Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Buco bag mounts

Beamish
honda305.com Member

Buco bag mounts

Post by Beamish » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Can anyone help me with good pictures of the mounting hardware for buco twinmaster bags. I need to try and fabricate a set or does anyone sell them. Thanks.

Nick
honda305.com Member

Post by Nick » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Tried to attach Photobucket photo with no success. Will try to describe in less than 1,000 words.

The top bracket is made of thin sheet metal and is about 1 foot long and 4 inches wide and has a hole at each end. The front end bolts to the top shock mount, the rear to a U-shaped bracket that bolts to the aluminum shock/fender mount.

This bracket has two 90° bends in it to prevent it from fouling the shock.

In the middle of this bracket is a hole. From this hole hangs an approximately 1-foot long piece of strap steel. This piece of steel is free to swing from the upper bracket.
To this piece of strap steel is welded a long, U-shaped piece of 1/4" steel rod, and it is this rod into which the clips at the bottom of the bags clip. (Looks like 1/4" but I haven't measured it.)

There are also two small holes in the upper bracket where the bags bolt on. Mine still has the original quick-disconnect fasteners, but bolts can also be used.

The bags are super convenient, I use my Dream regularly for runs to the market and carrying all sorts of stuff.

Will try to upload photo.[/img]
Do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always had.

Seadog
honda305.com Member

Re: Buco bag mounts

Post by Seadog » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Beamish wrote:Can anyone help me with good pictures of the mounting hardware for buco twinmaster bags. I need to try and fabricate a set or does anyone sell them. Thanks.
From this site: http://www.honda305.com/cb77_800/cb77-833.htm

Nick
honda305.com Member

Post by Nick » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Cool. Mine has only the two main pieces: the upper sheet-metal bracket and the hanging piece with the rod welded to it.

I've been running them like this for many years with zero problems. I've got two of the rear lights wired as brake lights, the other two as running lights - a nice improvement over the stock, small tail light.
Do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always had.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home