Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

4into1 electronic ignition kit

gjnorthsar@gmail.com
honda305.com Member

4into1 electronic ignition kit

Post by gjnorthsar@gmail.com » Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:56 pm

Has anyone had success installing the coils from the electronic kit sold by 4into1? Everything but the coils are provided by Charlie's Place.

The coils are not dyna high output which Charlie sells. The are very large and I cannot find a successful location on my CL77 to hard mount them to the frame. Charlie says they need to be sufficiently grounded to work. I wired everything-the rectifier, magnetic points and coils using a strap to ground them to the frame. When I attempt to set the points the test light remains lighted for the entire rotation of the motor. I have been wrestling with this for two solid days with frustratingly no success.

Any direction for mounting these very large coils would be gratefully accepted. The company refers me to Charlie's Place who quite rightly demurs because of the aftermarket coils which are supplied in this kit.

I have had good results from 4into1 but this experience has driven me to exhaustion.

Thank you for any help

George
Arizona

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Re: 4into1 electronic ignition kit

Post by Tim Allman » Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:58 pm

It's not clear what you are doing. Is your problem electrical or mechanical? Are you installing the new coils into the original points system? Do you have someone else's electronic ignition system installed?

I've never read any one's posting about the coils not physically fitting. Are the coils made for your bike?

A picture or two might help.

gjnorthsar@gmail.com
honda305.com Member

Re: 4into1 electronic ignition kit

Post by gjnorthsar@gmail.com » Wed Oct 23, 2024 4:20 pm

My ability to provide photos is limited. The coils do not fit easily anywhere on the frame. The fuel tank is obstructed. I need to anchor them to the frame for a good ground but they need some sort of custom frame which it appears I am not capable of manufacturing.

Anyway, after many many emails and complaints, 4into1 has agreed to refund the coils. I have ordered the correct ones from Charlie's Place.

Thank you

George
Arizona

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home