Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CB77 Seat Cover

akpasta
honda305.com Member

CB77 Seat Cover

Post by akpasta » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Folks,

I bought a replacement seat cover for a late model CB77 seat (upswept front such as the image below), from ebay user gumtwo per Davo recommendation.

I finally took the seat in to a local upholster who is affordable for a quick seat cover change and he says it's a full 2 inches too small. It's not a cover for the flat seat.

Has anyone used this cover before? Does it work properly, you just need to stretch it more than makes sense?

Is there a seller that makes a seat cover that is the correct size?

Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_SZAP ... Jl_wL7neUB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OgLeg ... BHNcjUUXIs

honda brian
honda305.com Member

Post by honda brian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:20 am

Hi mate, looks like a standard seat cover to me. I think the upswept front type was for the USA market, but plenty of bikes in the USA and the rest of the world had the flat type so you should have no trouble recouping your cash outlay. You might have to get your local guy to make one for you.
Cheers, Brian.

akpasta
honda305.com Member

Post by akpasta » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:04 pm

honda brian wrote:Hi mate, looks like a standard seat cover to me. I think the upswept front type was for the USA market, but plenty of bikes in the USA and the rest of the world had the flat type so you should have no trouble recouping your cash outlay. You might have to get your local guy to make one for you.
Cheers, Brian.
I contacted gumtwo on ebay, and it is the correct seat cover, not the flat seat cover. It is just insanely small. The seller is insisting it is the correct size.

honda brian
honda305.com Member

Post by honda brian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi mate, if your gumtwo guy insist it is correct, maybe he can supply you the dimensions of the next one in his supply chain and you can check it that way. I sometimes need to use a hairdryer to fit them if they are tight, but two inches sounds a lot!
Come on guys. I find it hard to believe that nobody has used a cover from this seller.
Maybe the seller could respond?
Cheers, Brian.

akpasta
honda305.com Member

Post by akpasta » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:42 pm

honda brian wrote:Hi mate, if your gumtwo guy insist it is correct, maybe he can supply you the dimensions of the next one in his supply chain and you can check it that way. I sometimes need to use a hairdryer to fit them if they are tight, but two inches sounds a lot!
Come on guys. I find it hard to believe that nobody has used a cover from this seller.
Maybe the seller could respond?
Cheers, Brian.
Thank you Brian! I am in touch with the seller and he's given me measurements and a photo of him placing the cover over another seat. His photo shows it fitting perfectly. Im going to measure my cover when I get home. Something is up with the cover. I also asked him if the vinyl might shrink if you wait a year or so before trying to install. We'll see. I'll report back.

I spoke to Davo and he recommended I put the cover in the sun, which makes sense with tires and other things and probably makes it easier, but this is just way too small, something's gotta be up.

Tim Allman
honda305.com Member

Post by Tim Allman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:05 am

Should you decide to try something else, these guys sell seat covers.

https://www.siriusconinc.com/product-se ... ats-36.htm

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home