Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

New member with a new project

Tony
honda305.com Member

New member with a new project

Post by Tony » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:42 pm

Hey all. I'm glad a site like this exists. I've been a motorcyle enthusiast all my life. My dad recently passed away and I now have his 1967 Honda CB77 Superhawk which is complete. It's been in a shed for the past 20 years and I want to restore it. Although it doesn't need everything, I'm doing a ground up resto. It has some cosmetic damage (from me) when I took it out on high school graduation night and wrecked it while being chased by the cops. I need some front end parts. I for sure need a new front fender. I could use the upper fork tubes and the headlight mounts, too. As I break it down and start over, I'm sure I'll be replacing a lot of parts. My dad bought the bike new in 1967 and I have the original title and receipt. He paid $686.00 for it. He put high bars on it and they're still on it now. I will probably leave them. He also put louder pipes and I'll be leaving those, too. If anyone has any parts that you think I may need, drop me an email at fourtycaliber@joimail.com or SmOOOthAkshun@hotmail.com. Pics would be good. I was also wondering about the original paint......it's a black bike with silver fenders. Does anyone know some kind of code for the colors used and where to get the paint? Thanks

mrfirebird
honda305.com Member

Re: New member with a new project

Post by mrfirebird » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:44 pm

that's what i'm redoing now,too. those parts you are looking for are on e-bay. as far as the paint ,good luck nobody seams know or tell what they use. i bought some silver duplicolor paint at the local store that's close to what i think was close. try ohiocycle.com and retrobikes.com for parts. also westernhillshonda.com , good luck

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home