□ 
Vintage Honda Owners,
Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Need muffler

Lsmith

Need muffler

Post by Lsmith » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:37 pm

Anybody know where I can get a right side muffler for my 1969 Honda Dream? I have checked a lot of places and made a lot of calls...negative.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: Need muffler

Post by kustommusic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:04 pm

L Smith, I've found E-Bay to be a good source. It may not be there today but if you keep watching ,sooner or later it shows up. Just a note;be carefull. Iv'e been burned there,but not often,good luck!

mrfirebird
honda305.com Member

Post by mrfirebird » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:36 pm

www.apexcycle.com <br />e-mail him, he also has them for bid on e-bay.

fallingpines
honda305.com Member

Post by fallingpines » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:42 pm

...Speaking about needing a muffler, does anyone have a 'mid 66' or so with welded on mounting brackets, right hand muffler for a CB77 that is near great shape that they may want to part with? I had the rare find of a NOS left muffler years ago for my rider ($25 at the time), and now would like to pretty up the right side as well. Not looking for show quality, but not far below that, good chrome, maybe some blemishes or perhaps a small dent would be ok.

georGe
honda305.com Member

Post by georGe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:24 pm

You again ! Im gonna starrt chargin ya fer answers !! hahahahaha<br />Silencers are a pain in the arse to get used,most are ragged out purdy good. If ya go to the marketplace link @ the left of the page there is a listing for new ones. Or just keep browsing the net.<br /><br />georGe

fallingpines
honda305.com Member

Need L muffler and other stuff:

Post by fallingpines » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:42 pm

Why georGe, you seem to be closely monitering this forum don't you. Good thing too. I spent the last few years obsessed with another project, a 61' BMW. I have receive extensive and valuable assistance in my restoration from a number of the /2 zealots on the 'Boxerworks' site, worth visiting even if you're not a Beemer guy. Now that it is wrapped up and putting down miles, I am now looking to get my '66 68?' Hawk that I have had since 84' back on the road. Looks real nice, but has always been plaqued with a bad charging system. Actually the system was mediocre in 85', and has gotten to the point of non-working in the last few years. Hopefully this will be the year to turn it into my part time summer commuter. I have a few rotor/stator sets from various old 77's and intend to mix-n-match till I find one that works well. Still looking for a rotor puller to get that going.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:08 pm

Fallingpines, OK now I get to pass on a nugget I learned here! To pull the rotor you remove the center bolt (14mmwrench) and use a spare front axle to thread into the rotor,it pops right off! Good luck, Steve Greer

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home