Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Carb rejetting

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
eman
honda305.com Member

Carb rejetting

Post by eman » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:14 pm

I have a 66 305 Dream that keeps fouling plugs. The air cleaner is clean and I have played with the mixture screw for what feels like years. I want to rejet the carb. After I get the numbers from the main and pilot, do I go go down in the numbers to get the smaller sizes? I assume if I'm fouling plugs, I'm getting to much fuel. The plugs are black when I pull them out. I have rebuilt the whole top end with .10 larger pistons. Any help would be appreciated. Some other info, I live almost a mile high.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />E-Man

shodan
honda305.com Member

Re: Carb rejetting

Post by shodan » Thu May 20, 2004 2:14 pm

eman wrote:<br />I have a 66 305 Dream that keeps fouling plugs. The air cleaner is clean and I have played with the mixture screw for what feels like years. I want to rejet the carb. After I get the numbers from the main and pilot, do I go go down in the numbers to get the smaller sizes? I assume if I'm fouling plugs, I'm getting to much fuel. The plugs are black when I pull them out. I have rebuilt the whole top end with .10 larger pistons. Any help would be appreciated. Some other info, I live almost a mile high.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />E-Man<br />

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home