Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

carb diagrame?

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
colletta
honda305.com Member

carb diagrame?

Post by colletta » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:15 pm

Can anyone send me the hose placement for the carbs. Petcock was off the tank and has one tube ( I think that goes to the carbs) coming from the petcock. Each carb has a hose comming from the upper portion of the carb and another spout from the bowl. The tank has a hose comming from the oposite side that the petcock is on. (Overflow?) Where does that go to? Have a CD comming but was hoping for some help in advance.<br />Thanks, <br />Joe

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Re: carb diagrame?

Post by kustommusic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:10 pm

Joe I'll take a crack at helping. The hose that comes from the opposite side of the tank goes to the petcock on the nipple that stands out and sorta points at that tank nipple. It is your reserve fuel. The two nipples that are together on the petcock and point down go to the carbs(one for each) either hose for either carb. The small nipples on the carb bowles are float overflow and they connect to each other(a simple loop). Hope that is clear enough,feel free to e-mail me if you need more. Good Luck, Steve Greer

colletta
honda305.com Member

Post by colletta » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:11 am

Guess I need a new petcock.<br /> Only have 1 nipple going down for each carb and 1 empty hole. Have no nipple pointing to reserve nipple. Thanks for the info., have to find a new one and find the correct part #.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:42 pm

Joe, Are we talking about a Superhawk? I thought we were. If you are working on somthing else that would be a different petcock. Steve Greer

colletta
honda305.com Member

Post by colletta » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:29 pm

Yes the Superhawk. He told me the bad one is the stock one and the other one with only 1 nipple was a spare from something else. <br />Understand HONDANUT@COMCAST.NET sells the petcocks. Will try to get one from him, unless you have a spare you would like to sell.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:57 pm

I dont have a spare and a good is hard to find. Good luck! Steve Greer

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home