Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Motor problem

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
trashman
honda305.com Member

Motor problem

Post by trashman » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:41 pm

Motor bogs down when I twist the throttle too much. The plugs and points are new and set correctly. Any thoughts???

georGe
honda305.com Member

Re: Motor problem

Post by georGe » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:07 pm

How does it idle?<br />Have you gone through the carbs and made sure that all the right jet/needle sizes are in there? Did you synch and set the carbs?<br /><br />Worst case is the ign advance is sticking :(<br /><br />georGe

trashman
honda305.com Member

Post by trashman » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:38 pm

georGe wrote:<br />How does it idle?<br />Have you gone through the carbs and made sure that all the right jet/needle sizes are in there? Did you synch and set the carbs?<br /><br />Worst case is the ign advance is sticking :(<br /><br />georGe<br />
<br />Carbs are good and clean, well set, no problem there, idles great and starts geat

jesse
honda305.com Member

Post by jesse » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:27 pm

check to see if the jet needles are original or keyster replacements.the keyster needles i have seen are the wrong taper and cause an over rich mixture .the bike will start and idle well.it's only when you open the throttle that the needles come into play.

kustommusic
honda305.com Member

Post by kustommusic » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:11 pm

jesse, Have you checked to see if you have proper fuel flow? The strainer could be partly plugged. It sounds to me that it's not getting enough fuel. Under load is the best test for that,how does it ride with a driver on it?

gregmoorebro
honda305.com Member

Post by gregmoorebro » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:32 pm

kustommusic wrote:<br />jesse, Have you checked to see if you have proper fuel flow? The strainer could be partly plugged. It sounds to me that it's not getting enough fuel. Under load is the best test for that,how does it ride with a driver on it?<br />
<br /><br />Have you tried to loosen the fuel tank filler cap? If the bike runs well with the cap loose, then it needs to be thoroughly cleaned or replaced. Air can't get through the small vent and a vacuum in the tank prevents fuel flow. Before I replaced mine I opened the cap at every stop sign. Otherwise the engine died after a quarter mile.<br />

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home